ACPE is the standard for spiritual care and education. Our diverse membership includes Certified CPE Educators, Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapists, Spiritual Care Professionals and Practitioners, Pastoral Counselors, Chaplains, Faith Communities, and Seminaries. Our multi-disciplinary, multi-faith, multi-racial community of professionals provides education, connection, and formation through continuing education, networking, and leadership development.
ACPE members are actively engaged in a wide variety of professional development activities including communities of practice, conferences, spiritual care research, and informal networking. We are more than just an association: we are a movement committed to the transformation of the human suffering. Our opportunities for formation and community enrich our members work of healing and transforming people and communities in the US and across the globe.
To positively affect people’s lives by nurturing connections to the sacred through experiential education and spiritual care.
To create measurable and appreciable improvement in spiritual health that transforms people and communities in the US and across the globe.
- Diversity and inclusion - demonstrated through cultural humility, attentiveness and collegiality.
- Integrity - demonstrated through trust, respect and excellence.
- Curiosity - demonstrated through listening, experiential models, innovation and creativity.
- Process - demonstrated through action/reflection, listening, experiential and relational models.
- Service - demonstrated through compassion, authenticity and growth.