Transcript Request Policy
Notice: Transcript Delays due to COVID19
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, ACPE staff are sheltering in place and teleworking, in accordance with state and local ordinances, to combat the spread of the disease. Unfortunately, some transcript requests may be delayed indefinitely until staff can return
to the office.
CPE Units before 2000
Until the year 2000, CPE units were reported and stored on index size cards at the ACPE office. ACPE still relies on these paper files to verify units from 1920 to 2000. If your transcript contains a unit prior to the year 2000, your request cannot be filled until the staff are able to return to the office. However, if you have CPE certificates or other verification of completion of CPE units, you may submit them to receive a transcript more quickly.
CPE Units after 2000
CPE units completed after the year 2000 are housed in ACPE’s database. If all your CPE units occurred after 2000, your transcript request will be filled within our normal processing procedures.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented circumstances.
ACPE currently has three sets of records for student units: paper files (yellow cards) for units registered prior to 2000, the original digital database for units registered between 2000 until October 2015, and our current online database for units registered after October 2015 through to the present. Some students may be able to download and print their own transcripts: check to see if you are eligible.
As a service to our students ACPE will provide, upon request, a transcript of units taken at an ACPE Accredited Center. The transcript will include the dates of each unit, the name of the accredited center, the level of the unit, and the credit earned.
To request a transcript, please complete the online Transcript Request Form. Due to the volume of transcript requests, the ACPE office cannot accept email or phone requests for transcripts.
Transcript requests are usually fulfilled within 10 business days, depending on current demand. While we make every effort to provide the transcript sooner, please plan accordingly when requesting your transcript.
Important Information About Requesting a Transcript
- The Transcript Request Form must be completely filled out. Incomplete forms will not be processed and will be returned to you. This is important because in order to create a complete transcript, our office must collate data from two or three sources.
- Please be sure that you have provided all previous names you may have used or variations of your name to assist us in locating your units. Prior to October 2015, units were registered by the ACPE Certified Educator (Supervisor), so it is possible that a nickname or initial was used.
- You must provide unit information for each unit so that the total number of units you state you have matches the information you provided for each unit, i.e. 5 units must have 5 sets of data. This information is so that we can properly confirm that all of your units were registered properly.
- One transcript per year is provided free of charge; additional requests for transcripts in the same calendar year will incur a $30 processing fee.
Important Information About Transcripts
- For ease of access, we recommend that you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser. In the past, Internet Explorer has not been cooperative loading the online form.
- When processing your transcript, ACPE will provide you with a PDF. The document will contain an official ACPE watermark and a signature that will serve to verify its authenticity.
- If a hard copy of the transcript is needed, it must specifically be requested. Hard copies will be sent via US Mail and may take up to 21 business days to process.