Call for Nominations: Deadline to apply is July 8th
Recently, ACPE and APC announced a change to our published timeline for the merger. Although our process changed, ACPE leaders remain committed to the proposed merger. We believe a merged organization will excel at meeting tomorrow's economic and cultural realities, serving our members and communities, and advocating for the practice of spiritual care and education.
In August, ACPE will hold an election to elect our representatives to a Merger Implementation Workgroup. Eight ACPE representatives will work with eight APC members to draft the bylaws, a governance structure, membership categories, and staffing requirements of a consolidated organization. Throughout their process, the implementation workgroup will engage members to elicit their feedback on the proposed design. At the completion of their work, the implementation workgroup will provide members of both organizations with a complete package of the new organization's bylaws and governance, so the members will have a full picture of the merged organization before they vote.
This is a historical time in the discipline of professional spiritual care. If approved, the new organization has the potential to define spiritual care and education for years to come. We need brilliant and visionary ACPE members to serve on the Merger Implementation Workgroup.
The Leadership Development Committee will review applications and build a slate based on the following criteria:
- prior ACPE leadership experience, including ACPE or Foundation board experience (officer or director), Commissions, and/or Committees;
- a commitment to the successful implementation of the newly merged organization;
- experience and/or knowledge of change management;
- a clear understanding of the time and energy such an undertaking will require;
- an eagerness to partner with colleagues in the development of a shared identity for the new organization while also supporting the particular identities of different forms of professional spiritual care represented by this merger;
- diversity, including but not limited to race/ethnicity, gender, age, religious tradition, and sexual orientation.
Applications will be received through July 8, 2021.
ACPE Certified Educator Shawn Mai is the Chair of the Leadership Development Committee and he can be reached at email@example.com.