Scholarship & Grants
Funding for Innovative CPE Projects
Funded by a portion of funds raised through the Sowing Seeds for our Holy Work Annual Campaign, Innovative Program Awards support ACPE members and/or centers in the achievement of ACPE’s Strategic Initiatives. Specifically, these innovative projects allow ACPE to support the development and dissemination of new and experimental programs that extend CPE into atypical settings, test and disseminate new pastoral/spiritual care theology and education, and/or develop new research concepts and methodologies.
Guidelines for Funding of Innovative CPE Projects
- Funded projects will have goals demonstrably consistent with the mission/vision/values and strategic initiatives of ACPE. LOIs should include a careful statement of the relevance of the project to this mission.
- Preference will be given to projects that extend the efforts of ACPE to develop innovative, experimental and prophetic programs extending CPE into new and atypical settings. Projects that test new pastoral theology, education or spiritual care concepts and methodologies will also be considered.
- Strong consideration will be given to projects that demonstrate a funding commitment from multiple sources (i.e. the Foundation for ACPE is not the only entity from which you are requesting funding).
- Funding requests should not exceed $18,000, and should be for "seed money," not ongoing operating funds. Grant funds are awarded for one year. Projects may apply for and potentially receive funds annually for no more than three consecutive years. Proposals should indicate the specific uses for which the funds are sought and how the funds are to be administratively managed.
- Funds will not be authorized for construction or durable hardware (such as computers).
- Interested applicants should submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) for an innovative CPE project that aligns with one or more of the Strategic Initiatives of ACPE. Funding requests should not exceed $18,000.
- After review of the LOIs, the Innovative Program Awards Committee will invite the most compelling projects to submit a full proposal for funding that does not exceed $18,000.
At its November meeting, the Foundation for ACPE Board will approve funding based on the Innovative Program Awards Committee’s recommendations.Submit an LOI