Continuing Education Policy
Policy for the Review of CE Hours Requests
Deadlines and Fees
- For all programs planned in collaboration with ACPE (that seek to offer official CE hours), materials should be submitted to ACPE’s Administrative Coordinator for review no later than 60 days prior to the event.
- All events offering CE credit will be asked to charge a minimum of $15 per attendee requesting a certificate. ACPE staff and the Psychotherapy Commission will collaborate with members involved in program planning to determine additional member and non-member event rates.
- If materials are submitted for review later than 60 days prior to the event, a “rush fee” of $100 should also be submitted.
- Official CE hours cannot be offered through ACPE for any event whose materials are submitted for review less than 30 days prior to the event.
- If a continuing education event is planned independently of the ACPE Psychotherapy Commission, this is considered a co-sponsorship event.
- Should a member wish to offer credit hours through ACPE at an event sponsored by their center, program materials need to be submitted four months prior to the date of the event with a check for $325.
- According to NBCC policy, permission to offer continuing education hours can only be granted through the Approved Continuing Education Provider Status. ACPE: The Standard for Spiritual Care and Education is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider™, ACEP No. 7004. ACPE is solely responsible for sponsored programs, including the awarding of NBCC credit.
- In order for an event to be eligible to offer NBCC hours through this approved provider status, it needs to have been planned and implemented centrally.
- This reflects a change in the way the process might have unfolded in the past. Please see below for an illustration of the program-planning process going forward.
Materials Required for Review
- In collaboration with members of the Psychotherapy Commission, members planning continuing education programs for which they would like to offer continuing education hours should submit this online form in accordance with the timeline outlined above.
- Once the form has been submitted, please email ACPE’s Continuing Education Coordinator at email@example.com with electronic copies of CVs for all presenters, drafts of all marketing materials, program agendas, and a draft of the proposed evaluation.
Policy for the Review and Resolution of Program Participant Complaints and Disputes
If a participant or potential participant would like to express a concern about his/her experience with a continuing education opportunity, he/she may call or email Ruth McPhail Ubaldo at (678) 636-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Although ACPE does not guarantee a particular outcome, the individual can expect us to consider the complaint, make any necessary decisions, and respond within two weeks.