PeaceHealth is looking for a talented ACPE Educator to conduct Clinical Pastoral Education under the accreditation of the ACPE. This is an exciting opportunity that works in collaboration with Mission Service leaders to promote and integrate the mission and formation of programs locally.
This position is located in Bellingham, Washington. The CPE program at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center has been fully accredited since 2013 and has a great reputation for collaboration and learning. The ACPE Educator, partnering with a dynamic Spiritual Care team, would be responsible for managing the CPE program which has opportunity for expansion and growth.
- Develops an education program that emphasizes student-centered learning and mutual respect.
- Conducts admissions interviews and communicates admission decisions.
- Designs and implements curriculum for student-centered learning.
- Provides coaching and supervision of students; assigns, reviews, and comments on students’ written materials in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the students’ personal and professional functioning, writes evaluative reports in accordance with ACPE standards, and completes ACPE registration forms for students who complete their program.
- In consultation with the chair, facilitates and attends meetings of Pastoral Care and Education Advisory Committee to inform members of the educational activities and receive advice about maintaining standards of excellence in the CPE program
- Maintains ACPE standards for accreditation of Clinical Pastoral Education program.
- Collaborates with the institution’s Manager of Spiritual Care or other designated administrator to provide pastoral care coverage and participate in other spiritual care programs as assigned.
Ensures education provided is within the context of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic health care and the Mission and Values of PeaceHealth and Pastoral and Spiritual Care Services.