New Orleans, LA
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
The position is responsible for the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) accreditation and optimal functioning of the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Program and coordinates the work of the CPE educators. Provides direct CPE education to students and provides a limited amount of direct patient care. Conducts research projects while providing direct pastoral services to patients, families and staff. Assumes day-to-day comprehensive pastoral responsibility for the various nursing clinical areas to which he/she may be assigned.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company's discretion.
Required - Master's degree in Divinity or equivalent required
Preferred- 3 years of experience managing a CPE Program. Academic medical center experience.
Preferred- Certification as a board certified chaplain by NACC, NAJC or APC . Advanced specialty in psychology, social work, healthcare management, or related field preferred
Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional attitude and ability to work collaboratively with physicians, administration, nurses and support staff
- Participates in provision of regular worship services in hospital chapel in rotation with other members of the Department; assists department with patient rounding, department de-briefings, and other spiritual care services, as needed. Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Ensures compliance with organizational and Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) standards.
- Ensures that CPE students and chaplains are properly oriented to the opportunities and procedures for spiritual and pastoral care.
- Collaborates with leadership to assess the learning needs and competencies of the department and identify issues for education and training to address specialty specific documentation needs.
- Designs, delivers and assesses learning activities and curriculums related to competencies, departmental policies, regulatory requirements, and the use of information technologies. Provides education plans for all students at both a group and individual level. Develops and executes clinical pastoral education to the students and provides continuous feedback on directed education and specific needs.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of new students and execute new hire orientation.
- Assists with IT strategy and implementation with Epic team; Creates joint standards for chart review; Reviews trends and report out on metrics.
Other related duties as required.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
There is no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.