Salary: US$23.5 - US$36.02 per hour
The position has the responsibility to NHFMC to ensure a response to the diverse spiritual needs of CPE students, patients, their families, loved ones, and team members across Novant Health. Establishes strategic direction and partnership in the development and growth of the clinical pastoral education program to provide excellent and innovative educational opportunities in the context of clinical supervision of CPE students. The ACPE Certified Educator will oversee matters related to the oversight of the CPE Unit; including but not limited to individual supervision, didactic presentations, case studies/verbatim seminars, IPR, group supervision, recruitment of interns/residents, and filing of appropriate reports to ACPE.
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited School of Divinity or Theology required.
- Experience: Five years of experience required. Minimum of 3 years of ACPE Certified Educator experience.
Licensure / Certification / Registration: Board certification by APC, NACC, NAJC, or CPSP and Certification as ACPE Certified Educator required.
Additional Skills/Requirements Required:
Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills and group facilitation. Experience with family and group dynamics. Knowledge of diver’s religious traditions and resources. Ability to provide guidance, continuing education, and developmental feedback to spiritual care professionals. Knowledge of process management and improvement, including staffing processes. Initiates and pursues own professional continuing education as well as maintaining certification with ACPE and within other related certifying agencies. Responsible for maintaining endorsement within own faith group as appropriate.
Additional Skills/Requirements preferred:
Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate within a matrix structure having shared responsibility for resource allocation. Knowledge of research in spiritual care and professional chaplaincy. Knowledge of group and systems theories as they relate to clinical pastoral education. Knowledge of education theories related to theological development pf CPE students. Knowledge of personality development as they pertain to the educational environment.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement, and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm."