Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital in Durham, NC, has an excellent opportunity for a ACPE Certified Educator to join our diverse team of four CPE faculty members and seven clinical chaplains to provide and administer a full ministry of pastoral care, counseling, and spiritual support to patients, families, and staff.
In this role, you will:
- Assist the director in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all accredited levels of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Coordinate all aspects of recruitment/admissions or curriculum development/program evaluation for all accredited levels of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Provide instruction and supervision for the Chaplain interns and residents, and Chaplain Fellows in Supervisory CPE.
- Coordinate with other teaching hospitals in North Carolina in the planning and implementation of an ongoing supervisory colloquium for Chaplain Fellows engaged in Supervisory CPE.
In addition to a Master of Divinity (or equivalent), crisis intervention skills and the ability to provide pastoral care and spiritual support in a high stress environment, ideal candidates will have:
- ACPE Certification
- One year of pastoral experience in church or institution and two years’ experience as Associate Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor, supervising and teaching Chaplain interns and residents
- Eligible for 'Board Certified Chaplain' by the Association of Professional Chaplains
- Certified as Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
- Ordained or commissioned by one's faith group or denomination
- Denominational endorsement as 'Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor’
Ecclesiastical Letter of Endorsement for hospital chaplaincy and CPE supervision
Living in Raleigh/Durham
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, U.S. News & World Report named Raleigh/Durham a Top 10 Best Place to Live. Here you will find friendly, diverse, and educated people who enjoy dining out in local restaurants and gathering over craft beers. The family-friendly Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill) also has an abundance of beautiful green spaces and a growing art and music scene.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email John Oliver at John.Oliver@duke.edu or apply online.