Baptist Health South Florida
Boca Raton, FL
Chaplain Resident, Clinical Pastoral Education, FT, 08:30A-5P
800 Meadows Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33486
Job ID 123882
Baptist Health South Florida is once again one of the 2021 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! This is the 21st time Baptist Health has been recognized on the list. We have also been recognized for being among the best healthcare providers in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports in its 2020-2021 Best Hospitals and have been honored as one of PEOPLE's 2020 50 Companies that Care by PEOPLE magazine and Great Place to Work.
Baptist Health South Florida is the region's largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 23,000 employees working across 11 hospital campuses and more than 100 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world-class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Working within our award-winning culture means getting the respect and support you need to do your best work ever. Find out why this is the best place to be your best!
- Chaplain residents will have a responsibility to provide spiritual care to patients, families, staff, and visitors in assigned clinical areas and as referrals and urgent requests are given (60-65%).
- They will also be given 10-12 hours per week (25-30%) to attend required Clinical Pastoral Education class sessions as part of their training.
- Residents may work with two ACPE Certified Educators during their training period with BHSF, but general oversight of all administrative, professional, and educational functions is provided by the Director of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Bachelor‘s degree required. Master‘s degree preferred in Divinity, or theological studies.
- Applicants must have at least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education to apply for the residency. Active enrollment in a BHSF CPE program is required.
- It is helpful to have obtained a Master of Divinity degree or a Master of Arts in Religion or Theological studies (or equivalent), but not required.
- Applicants need to be proficient in English and communicate well in oral and written forms.
- They should be receptive to learning and open to new things.
- Applicants should have a willingness to give and receive feedback in a relational manner and to reflect theologically.
- Applicants also need to be comfortable with the use of technology involving computers and video conferencing.
- Good standing with a faith body that is nationally recognized.
BHSF is an EOE